About This Program
- Rahini & Hatha Yoga Postures.
- Creative Yoga Asana Sequencing.
- Natural Alignment Principles.
- How to Properly Adjust & Assist.
- Safely Modifying Yoga Poses.
- Teaching Skills & Communication.
- Physical & Energy Anatomy.
- Art of Pranayama.
- Authentic Healing Meditation.
- Spiritual Studies, Sadhana & Seva
- Guest Buddhist Teachers from India.
- Healing Kundalini & Tibetan Yoga Kriyas & Mantras.
- “Off the Mat” Applications
“If Paid in Full” Tuition = $2,625 – A $150 Savings!
- Payment plan is available for those who do not pay in full. The $150 savings does not apply with the payment plan. Initial deposit of $600, then 4 payments of $543.75
- The required 20 yoga classes taken a True Living Yoga, are an additional cost, but are at a discounted rate.
- The 3 required meditation classes are an additional cost – proceeds go to charity.
- Special healing events held at True Living Yoga are an additional cost – but count as “contact hours”.
Contact Person: Naomi, (631) 486-3843
The required “contact hours” are facilitated through various Rahini Yoga related and approved workshops, practices and assistant teaching assignments held at True Living Yoga Healing Center. All hours of specialized workshops by “Rahini Yoga Guest Teachers” count as “contact hours”.
Each student is required to complete the 200 hours of training, all reading and written assignments, and be able to safely and successfully teach a complete Rahini Yoga class– final teaching practical, to a group of their fellow students.
Students who are not eligible upon completion of the course are given additional opportunities to fulfill the requirements. If this is the case, please speak to the Directors of the program.
Our 4 Yoga Alliance Schools
RAHINI YOGA IS INSPIRED YOGA, INSPIRING POSITIVE CHANGE! — Dr Dean Telano, Founder of Rahini Yoga
Long Island School of Yoga and Meditation
Rahini Yoga Teacher Training (RYTT) Level 1: Foundation – Program Overview
Namaste & Welcome!
With more than 15 years of experience in training yoga teachers, we discovered the best way to learn how to teach yoga is to immerse yourself in a yogic practice and lifestyle so that your teaching comes from deep personal experiences that are meaningful, purposeful, and spiritual.
OM Shanti Shanti Shanti ~
- Dr. Dean Telano/Sukh Shabad Singh, Founder & Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
- Heidi Johnsen, CRYT 550, E-RYT 500, RMT, Assistant Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
Unique: This comprehensive and transformational program offers a “flexible” schedule that works for busy people. This program accommodates many people because there are many different ways students can accumulate training hours they need to graduate. Here are five ways the Rahini Yoga Teacher Training Program accommodates students with busy schedules:
- We have one teacher training weekend “workshop” per month.
- We hold teacher training “practices” during the week that accommodate different schedules.
- We offer Rahini Yoga “classes” throughout the week that students can attend for training hours.
- We have numerous “specialty workshops” that students can attend for training hours and seva hours.
- We offer monthly “group and Buddhist meditation classes” and “labyrinth walks” for training hours.
Prerequisites: We recommend that students have some personal experience with Rahini Yoga prior to taking any of our teacher training programs. Classes and workshops with a Rahini Yoga teacher provide this experiential background. If there’s any concerns on meeting this requirement, please contact us.
Description: Our Rahini Yoga teacher training program offers a unique opportunity to study with, not only Dr. Dean – the Founder and Director of Rahini Yoga, but with a variety of our “Senior” or “Advanced Senior Teachers,” all of whom are at the 550 or 750 hour training levels. Many of our Senior Teachers have been studying, practicing or teaching for many years and have a strong foundation in Rahini, Hatha and Raja Yoga and are certified to teach Meditation. This program offers an extraordinary opportunity for complete immersion into yoga and how it can be naturally integrated into your daily life. With the guidance and assistance of compassionate, like-minded individuals, you will be provided with the skill, knowledge and confidence to begin teaching yoga.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT JUST FOR TEACHING — This program is also appropriate for those who may not be interested in teaching yoga but simply wish to deepen their practice or experience a journey of radiant health and self-discovery or who want to learn more about the healing aspects of yoga- including therapeutic yoga; gentle stretching postures; breathing exercises; meditation; relaxation techniques; and healing mudras and sounds. This program provides a supportive and compassionate environment, educational resources, and guidance to learn, grow, and succeed in all aspects of your personal goals. — ‘Dr. Dean Telano’
“The 3 Diamonds: Forging The Power of Body, Mind & Spirit”
The Rahini Yoga 200 Hour Program is intended to provide students with a solid foundation in the development of a sustainable yoga practice and the basics skills needed to teach yoga successfully. This program offers a yoga foundation that is forged from direct experience and a dedicated yoga practice.
The curriculum is divided into core “modules”. The modules are designed to enrich the learning experience for each student by focusing on a variety of concepts, techniques, and practices. Each module provides detailed instructions and in-depth practices that vary in scope and hours of study.
- Module 1 (a): Rahini Yoga – Definition: “True Living”; Heart-Centered Yoga; Spiritual Alignment; Awakening your Body’s Wisdom; Core Awareness; Healing Flow of Creative Expression; Radiant Health; Rahini Yoga Precepts & Principles; Learning Mindfulness Through Ritual Instruments. The 3 Diamonds.
- Module 1 (b): Rahini Yoga – Seva: Spirit of Selfless Service; Sadhana: Regular Spiritual Practice & Self Enrichment; Sangha: Yoga Community & Spiritual Support.
- Module 2: Asana – A) Rahini Principles; B) Rahini Flows; C) Essential Asanas; D) RAP; E) ROC; F) B.R.A.C.E.
- Module 3: Asana Practicum – Supervised Teaching: Posture & Alignment; Transitioning; Sequencing; Cueing; Modifications; Yoga Props; Micro-Movement; Drishti; Bandhas; ARC; Rahini Breath: R.E.B & Asana – a Union.
- Module 4: Adjustments & Assists – A) Ethics of Touching; B) Hands-on Techniques; C) Supervised Practice; D) PP’S
- Module 5: Anatomy & Physiology – Anatomy, Asana & Alignment Made Easy: Guest Lecturer.
- Module 6: Subtle Anatomy – A) Sacred Anatomy; B) Prana, Chakras, Nadis; Lung, Khorlo, Tsa; C) Prana Vayus; D) Koshas.
- Module 7: Meditation, Pranayama, Mudras, Mantra – A) Meditation Basics / Group Meditation Classes / Labyrinth Walks / Walking Meditation; B) Energy Building Breath Exercises / Rahini Breathing Techniques; C) Healing Hand Gestures; D) Healing Sounds or Mantras; E) AMP.
- Module 8: Healing Movements – Specialized Healing Kriyas, Energy Movements & Walking Meditation.
- Module 9: Teaching Yoga – Art of Communication; Finding your Own Voice; Creating Safe, Well Rounded & Inspirational Yoga Classes; Ethics; Yogic Lifestyle; Business & Marketing.
- Module 10: Spiritual Study – A) Yoga: Sutras, Gita, etc; B) Buddhism: Guest Teachers from India.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED MODULE: During the program one extra module might be offered that is not considered part of the “core modules”. These yoga related modules are introductory and consists of 3 to 5 contact hours. Where applicable, contact hours will go towards larger programs offered at True Living Yoga Healing Center. The specialized module is presented by one of the Rahini Yoga 750 Hour Students and Sukh Shabad. Topics for this module may include but are not limited to: Restorative Yoga; Yoga Nidra; Prenatal Yoga; Kids Yoga; Yoga & Ayurveda: Yoga for your Body Type; Mudras for Yoga Therapy; Movement Meditation. At a small additional cost. Are continuing education hours for Yoga Alliance.
The 200 Hours are Divided into Two Yoga Alliance Standard Categories. Category I is “contact hours”. A contact hour is an in-person classroom hour in the physical presence of a recognized Rahini Yoga faculty member. Category II is “non-contact hours”. A non-contact hour is an hour outside of the classroom, without a Rahini Yoga faculty member present. “Non-contact hours” are homework assignments that support learning and comprehension. The amount of time this takes depends on the assignment and the individual. As part of the training, each student is required to take at least 20 Rahini Yoga classes and 4 meditation classes at True Living Yoga or at a True Living Yoga predetermined location. These hours are considered “contact hours”. The yoga classes are discounted.
|Category||Contact Hours||Non-Contact Hours||Total Hours|
|Techniques, Training & Practice (Asanas, Rahini Yoga Flows, Pranayama, Meditation, Mantras, Mudras, Bandhas, Drishtis; Specialized Kriyas)||100 Hours||5 Hours||105 Hours|
|Teaching Methodology (Principles of Demonstration, Observation, Adjusting, Assisting/Correcting, Instruction, Qualities of a Teacher; Teaching Skills & Communication; Business Aspects of Yoga)||30 Hours||5 Hours||35 Hours|
|Anatomy & Physiology (Physical Anatomy/Physiology; Applied Anatomy & Asana Study; Hindu/Tibetan Energy Anatomy)||15 Hours||5 Hours||20 Hours|
|Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics (Yogic & Buddhist Study; Sadhana, Seva, Sangha; Traditional Spiritual Texts; Rahini Yoga Code of Ethics)||25 Hours||5 Hours||30 Hours|
|Practicum (Observing & Assisting; Supervised Group & Class Teaching; Includes Feedback)||10 Hours||0 Hours||10 Hours|
|Total Course Hours||180 Hours||20 Hours||200 Hours|
200 Hour Documentation: Each student is required to keep a logbook of the amount of time and hours spent in every module or subject area of the teacher training program. This logbook should contain both “contact” and “non-contact” hours. During the Rahini Yoga Program, instruction is provided on the best way to organize, record and complete the logbook. Each student must document the required 200 hours and hand in the logbook before the final teaching practical and graduation. This is a formal document and as such is required for program completion.
Rahini Yoga Practice Journal: During the entire length of the program, students are encouraged to keep a detailed journal of their personal “Rahini Yoga” practice. This journal is intended to:
- — Serve as a source of inspiration.
- — Help cultivate discipline for a consistent and continuous Rahini Yoga practice.
- — Promote mindfulness, self-reflection and self-discovery.
- — Become part of your regular spiritual practice- Sadhana.
- “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga’s Code of Ethics” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
*Folders Containing Course Related Handouts will also be Distributed at No Additional Cost
Additional Required Texts (Additional Cost)
- “Yoga Anatomy”: Second Edition, by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”: Commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- “The Living Gita: The Complete Bhagavad Gita” by Sri Swami Satchidananda