About This Program
- Rahini & Hatha Yoga Postures.
- Creative Yoga Asana Sequencing.
- Natural Alignment Principles.
- How to Properly Adjust & Assist.
- Safely Modifying Yoga Poses.
- Teaching Skills & Communication.
- Physical & Energy Anatomy.
- Art of Pranayama.
- Authentic Healing Meditation.
- Spiritual Studies, Sadhana & Seva
- Guest Buddhist Teachers from India.
- Healing Kundalini & Tibetan Yoga Kriyas & Mantras.
- “Off the Mat” Applications
“Early Bird” Tuition: $2,600. A $175 Savings if Paid in Full & in Advance.
- Payment plan is available for those who do not pay in full. The $175 savings does not apply with the payment plan. Initial deposit of $600, then 4 payments of $543.75
- The required 20 yoga classes taken a True Living Yoga, are an additional cost, but are at a discounted rate.
- The 3 required meditation classes are an additional cost – proceeds go to charity.
- Special healing events held at True Living Yoga are an additional cost – but count as “contact hours”.
Contact Person: Naomi, (631) 486-3843
The required “contact hours” are facilitated through various Rahini Yoga related and approved workshops, practices and assistant teaching assignments held at True Living Yoga Healing Center. All hours of specialized workshops by “Rahini Yoga Guest Teachers” count as “contact hours”.
Each student is required to complete the 200 hours of training, all reading and written assignments, and be able to safely and successfully teach a complete Rahini Yoga class- final teaching practical, to a group of their fellow students.
Students who are not eligible upon completion of the course are given additional opportunities to fulfill the requirements. If this is the case, please speak to the Directors of the program.
Rahini Yoga Helps Grow The Yoga That’s Already Inside Each of Us
Orientation Begins Saturday, January 25, 2014.
Namaste Yogis & Yoginis ~
With more than 15 years of experience in training yoga teachers, we know that the best way to learn how to teach yoga is to immerse yourself in a yogic practice and lifestyle so that your teaching comes from deep, enriched personal experiences that are meaningful, purposeful, and spiritual.
OM Shanti ~ Dr. Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), Founder of Rahini Yoga & Heidi Johnsen, CRYT 550, ERYT 500, Assistant Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
Unique: This comprehensive and transformational program offers a “flexible” schedule that works for busy people. Contact us for more details.
Prerequisites: We recommend that students have some personal experience with Rahini Yoga prior to taking any of our teacher training courses. Classes and workshops with a Rahini Yoga teacher provide this experiential background. If there’s any concerns on meeting this requirement, please contact us.
Some Hallmarks of the Rahini Yoga Approach
- The 12 Yogic & Spiritual Precepts of Rahini Yoga.
- Developing a heightened sense of body-awareness & self-awareness to deepen your physical & spiritual practice on & off the mat.
- Finding your posture – your expression of a pose, shaped to your unique body, thus allowing energy to flow freely & your body to move naturally.
- Breath Awareness, Coordinating Breath with Movement & Micro-Movements.
- Natural Body Alignment through Self Observation, Inquiry & Discovery.
- How to Create Safe & Inspirational Yoga Classes.
- Rahini Yoga Energy Movements & “Rahini Yoga Flows” – Vinyasa Sequences.
- Authentic Meditation for Healing & Relaxation - Yogic & Buddhist.
- Learning the Art of Pranayama – Breathing Exercises.
- Healing Hatha, Kundalini & Tibetan Yoga Asanas & Mantras.
- Discovering Yoga – Balancing Sthira & Sukha
- Seva, Sadhana & Sangha
The 200 Hours are Divided into Two Yoga Alliance Standard Categories. Category I is “contact hours”. A contact hour is an in-person classroom hour in the physical presence of a recognized Rahini Yoga faculty member. Category II is “non-contact hours”. A non-contact hour is an hour outside of the classroom, without a Rahini Yoga faculty member present. ”Non-contact hours” are homework assignments that support learning and comprehension. The amount of time this takes depends on the assignment and the individual.
|Category||Contact Hours||Non-Contact Hours||Total Hours|
|Techniques, Training & Practice (Asanas, Rahini Yoga Flows, Pranayama, Meditation, Mantras, Mudras, Bandhas, Drishtis; Specialized Kriyas)||100 Hours||5 Hours||105 Hours|
|Teaching Methodology (Principles of Demonstration, Observation, Adjusting, Assisting/Correcting, Instruction, Qualities of a Teacher; Teaching Skills & Communication; Business Aspects of Yoga)||30 Hours||5 Hours||35 Hours|
|Anatomy & Physiology (Physical Anatomy/Physiology; Applied Anatomy & Asana Study; Hindu/Tibetan Energy Anatomy)||15 Hours||5 Hours||20 Hours|
|Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics (Yogic & Buddhist Study; Sadhana, Seva, Sangha; Traditional Spiritual Texts; Rahini Yoga Code of Ethics)||25 Hours||5 Hours||30 Hours|
|Practicum (Observing & Assisting; Supervised Group & Class Teaching; Includes Feedback)||10 Hours||0 Hours||10 Hours|
|Total Course Hours||180 Hours||20 Hours||200 Hours|
Course Reading Materials
- “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga’s Code of Ethics” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
*Folders Containing Course Related Handouts will also be Distributed
Additional Required Texts (Additional Cost)
- “Yoga Anatomy”: Second Edition, by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”: Commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- “The Living Gita: The Complete Bhagavad Gita” by Sri Swami Satchidananda