About This Program
- - Rahini & Hatha Yoga Postures
- - Creative Yoga Asana Sequencing
- - Natural Alignment Principles.
- - How to Properly Adjust & Assist
- - Creative Yoga Asana Sequencing.
- - Safely Modifying Yoga Poses.
- - Teaching Skills & Communication.
- - Physical & Energy Anatomy.
- - Art of Pranayama.
- - Authentic Healing Meditation.
- - Spiritual Studies, Sadhana & Seva
- - Guest Buddhist Teachers from India.
- - Kundalini & Tibetan Yoga Kriyas
- - Mantras.
- - Five Koshas.
- - Three Gunas.
Tuition: $3,600. If paid in full, receive a 5% discount ($180 off tuition).
- Payment plan is available: Initial deposit of $600, then 8 payments of $375 (no 5% discount).
- Rahini Yoga 200 hour graduates receive $100 off tuition cost.
- The required 20 yoga classes are an additional cost, but discounted.
- The 7 required meditation classes are an additional cost – proceeds go to charity.
- “Specialized” workshops are an additional cost – “contact hours”.
Contact Person: Naomi, (631) 486-3843
The required “contact hours” are facilitated through various Rahini Yoga related and approved workshops, practices and assistant teaching assignments held at True Living Yoga Healing Center. All hours of specialized workshops by “Rahini Yoga Guest Teachers” count as “contact hours”.
Each student is required to complete the 350 hours of training, all reading and written assignments, mentoring assignments, and teaching practicals.
Students who are not eligible upon completion of the course are given additional opportunities to fulfill the requirements. If this is the case, please speak to the Directors of the program.
Rahini Yoga Helps Grow The Yoga That’s Already Inside Each of Us
Ongoing. Contact Us for Details.
Namaste Yogis & Yoginis ~
With more than 15 years of experience in training yoga teachers, we know that the best way to learn how to teach yoga is to immerse yourself in a yogic practice and lifestyle so that your teaching comes from deep, enriched personal experiences that are meaningful, purposeful, and spiritual.
OM Shanti ~ Dr. Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), Founder of Rahini Yoga & Heidi Johnsen, CRYT 550, ERYT 500, Assistant Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation
Overview: The 550 Hour Teacher Training is a comprehensive and flexible program designed in such a way that each student will be able to complete the program at their own pace. Most students do complete the program within two to three years. With the assistance of the Director and Assistant Director of the Program, a schedule of participation is developed for each student that will meet the program requirements. During the program, students are assigned a “mentor” to assist with their training and to deepen their experience with Rahini Yoga.
All Rahini Yoga 550 Hour graduates have the option to enroll into the Rahini Master Level Program.
Prerequisites: A prerequisite of a minimum of 200 hours of teaching training from a Yoga Alliance approved school is required for enrollment. As part of the 550 Hour Training, 100 Hours of assistant teaching during the 200 Hour Rahini Yoga Workshops are required. Graduates of the 200-Hour Rahini Yoga Program can immediately begin fulfilling this requirement. Students who have graduated from a different yoga school at the 200 hour level are required to complete an additional 50 hours of training in the Rahini style of yoga. These newly enrolled students will be assisted by the current Senior Rahini Yoga Teachers to help fulfill this requirement.
Some Hallmarks of the Rahini Yoga Approach
- The 12 Yogic & Spiritual Precepts of Rahini Yoga.
- Developing a heightened sense of body-awareness & self-awareness to deepen your physical & spiritual practice on & off the mat.
- Finding your posture – your expression of a pose, shaped to your unique body, thus allowing energy to flow freely & your body to move naturally.
- Breath Awareness, Coordinating Breath with Movement & Micro-Movements.
- Natural Body Alignment through Self Observation, Inquiry & Discovery.
- How to Create Safe & Inspirational Yoga Classes.
- Rahini Yoga Energy Movements & “Rahini Yoga Flows” – Vinyasa Sequences.
- Authentic Meditation for Healing & Relaxation - Yogic & Buddhist.
- Learning the Art of Pranayama – Breathing Exercises.
- Healing Hatha, Kundalini & Tibetan Yoga Asanas & Mantras.
- Discovering Yoga – Balancing Sthira & Sukha
- Seva, Sadhana & Sangha
The 550 Hours are Divided into Two Yoga Alliance Standard Categories. Category I is “contact hours”. A contact hour is an in-person classroom hour in the physical presence of a recognized Rahini Yoga faculty member. Category II is “non-contact hours”. A non-contact hour is an hour outside of the classroom, without a Rahini Yoga faculty member present. ”Non-contact hours” are homework assignments that support learning and comprehension. The amount of time this takes depends on the assignment and the individual.
|Category||Contact Hours||Non-Contact Hours||Total Hours|
|Techniques Training & Practice (Asanas, Rahini Yoga Flows, Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra, Mudras, Bandhas, Drishtis; Specialized Kriyas)||120 Hours||20 Hours||140 Hours|
|Teaching Methodology (Principles of Demonstration, Observation, Assisting/Correcting, Instruction, Qualities of a Teacher; Teaching Skills & Communication; Business Aspects of Yoga)||25 Hours||10 Hours||35 Hours|
|Anatomy & Physiology (Physical Anatomy/Physiology; Applied Anatomy & Asana Study; Hindu/Tibetan Energy Anatomy)||25 Hours||10 Hours||35 Hours|
|Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics (Yogic & Buddhist Study; Sadhana, Seva, Sangha; Traditional Spiritual Texts; Rahini Yoga Code of Ethics)||30 Hours||10 Hours||40 Hours|
|Practicum (Observing & Assisting; Supervised Group & Class Teaching)||100 Hours||0 Hours||100 Hours|
|Total Course Hours||300 Hours||50 Hours||350 Hours|
Course Reading Materials
- “Fundamentals of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga: Yoga of Spiritual Alignment” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Essential Yoga Poses of Rahini Yoga” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- “Rahini Yoga’s Code of Ethics” by Sukh Shabad Singh, ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- This reading list is given to the enrolled student during their first 550 Hour Teacher Training Workshop.
*Course Related Handouts will also be Distributed (No Additional Cost)