About This Program
- Keep a Personal Meditation Journal throughout the Course.
- Complete all Reading Assignments.
- Practice the Assigned Meditation Techniques.
$385 plus $20 for the Required Course Meditation Manual.
The required hours are facilitated through classroom practices and lectures; monthly group meditation classes; home meditation practice; and home study assignments.
The criteria for certification is the completion of the 50 required hours.
Students who are not eligible upon completion of the course are given additional opportunities to fulfill the requirements. Speak to Heidi, the Assistant Director of Rahini School of Yoga and Meditation.
“Mind-Body Healing Meditation Course”
Our 50 hour authentic meditation training program is designed whether you would like to learn how to meditate, considering meditation as a career path, or simply wish to deepen your practice and enhance your knowledge. This course offers different ways to meditate and supplies you with the necessary meditation “tools” to improve your life or enhance your career.
This comprehensive meditation program has a “flexible” schedule that works for busy people.
In addition, students will have an opportunity to attend monthly “Group” meditation classes and participate in “Labyrinth Walking” which includes “Breath Meditation Walking” (these particular events are separate from the actual program and are for an additional cost).
During the program, each student will have a chance to meet privately with the course instructor – Dr. Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), to discuss their personal meditation practice or address any questions they may have about meditation.
- Simple Steps to Start a Meditation Practice.
- 7 Elements of a Good Meditation Posture.
- 10 Steps to Tame the “Monkey-Mind”.
- Overcoming Common Obstacles to Meditation.
- Breathing Exercises to Calm & Clear the Mind.
- Gentle Energy Movements to Prepare the Body for Meditation.
- Benefits of Meditation.
- The Effects Meditation has on the Brain.
- Learn Different Types of Meditation Techniques.
- How to Teach Meditation to Others.
- Sitting, Walking & Standing Meditation.
- Japa or Mantra Meditation & How to use Mala Beads for Meditation.
- 20 Simple Meditation Scripts.
- Instruction on How to use Various Meditation Accessories.
No prior meditation experience or training needed to take this course.
The 50 hours are divided into 30 classroom hours and 20 home study and meditation practice hours. Home study consists of reading assignments that support learning and comprehension. Home meditation practice supports “experiential learning”, an integral part of this program. Usually, the student will discover their outside classroom study and practice will easily exceed the 20 required hours.
- “Mind of Clear Light Meditation”, Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT
- Course Related Handouts (No Cost)
Suggested Reading (Not Required)
- During the Course, Several “Suggested” Readings are Announced
Dean Telano (Sukh Shabad Singh), ND, PhD, ERYT-500, RCYT, RPYT – Director of Rahini School of Yoga & Meditation